Re: list changes

Since one person asked, I figured there were more of you out there...

A spam is electronic junkmail. Spamers harvest the names of lists and
subscribers and then target them for bulk emails. Having to confirm when
you subscribe makes it more difficult for the machines to subscribe. Of
course if someone wants on and jumps through the hoops... There's not much
I can do about it.

To get a list of subscribers send the following command to:

listserv@listserv.syr.edu

review book_arts-l

That's all there is to it.

Peter

At 12:06 PM 4/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello Peter-
>My name is Michelle Venditelli and I am new not only to the list, but
>computers/the web/email etc.  So a couple of questions, 1. What is "spam"
>and   2. I would like a list of subscribers - how do I go about that?
>
>Thank you
>Michelle

Bucheinbandkunst ist Architektur in kleinstem Massstab
Otto Dorfner

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244