Pricing

Artemis et al:

I subscribe exactly to your method of pricing. I also ask the client "How do
you want this book to look?" to access their expectations. That sometimes
puts the job in the right ballpark right away.

The only time I REALLY object to certain pricing is when my STUDENT goes out
and sells his/her work (whether it's a book, paper or marbling) and charges
high prices. Usually the work was done in my studio under my supervision
with many of my own tools. THAT really burns me up... and I've been through
it a few times. I generally make it clear to students right up front how I
feel about it.

Pat