[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Book arts and artist books
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Book arts and artist books
- From: Melanie Enkoff <Melaniekrs@AOL.COM>
- Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 03:13:11 -0400
- Message-Id: <199705030723.AAA24717@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In a message dated 97-05-03 01:34:49 EDT, Jeanphoto@AOL.COM (Jeanne S.
<< I have found COVER TO COVER invaluable, but it has several books pictured
with no explanation (specifically tunnel books). Any suggestions would be
greatly welcomed >>
I just got a new book on making books called "making books by hand". It has
a smaller variety of how to's, but seems to go through step by step very
good. It also has a great display of artists books in the back. MacCarthy
is the author, and I found a copy at Borders.
Also very good for how-to's is Books, Boxes, and Wraps. It doesn't have
pretty glossy pics, but has a good how-to on about a hundred different
artist's books and boxes. Amazon can get it for you- and you can get to
Amazon thru my online bookstore- where I feature mostly rubber-stamp related
books (mail art, too!) <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Melaniekrs/bookstore.ht
ml">Toad Hall online bookstore</A>.