Re: Book Arts Guild Info Needed

Marcia,
why stop with CT. The Guild of Book Workers has a New England Chapter, many
of whose members live in East/Northampton. They have an infrastructure, $$$
(though you do have to pay dues), plus you'll get all the benefits of
membership such as publications (Newsletter, Journal) as well as
exhibitions... They also have regular workshops...

You can get contact information at: http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/
This is the GBW website which contains membership info, the Newsletter in
full text and Study Opportunities List.

James Reid-Cunningham is President and on the list. His email is:

james_reid-cunningham@VENUS.GSD.HARVARD.EDU

I think it would save you alot of work and you'd be plugging into a great
group of individuals.

Peter

At 04:47 PM 5/5/97 EDT, you wrote:
>I live in the Hartford area and am interested in getting together with other
>people who are making books.  I'm thinking about creating a Connecticut Book
>Arts Guild.  Are any of you ones who started a Guild in your area?  What
should
>I be thinking about?  How did you start?  How often do you meet?  What are
your
>dues? Are workshops available?  Any information would be appreciated!
>Marcia Buch
>buch@uhavax.hartford.edu
>

>> Je mehr das Eiweiss stinkt, je mehr der Goldschnitt blinkt! <<

Peter D. Verheyen     <wk> 315.443.9937        <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu