From:   The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting  On Behalf Of Whitney
Baker
Sent:   Tuesday, May 06, 1997 10:29 AM
To:     BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject:        Re: Johnson Bookbinding

are not alone.  A year and half ago, at least seven of us in the
Preservation and Conservation Studies Program went together on an order
of Japanese bookcloth.  The cloth never came, and we were never able to
determine what had happened.  When one of us called, she was repeatedly
told that the order was on the way.  Eventually he admitted that he had
had her confused with someone else of the same name.  The end result is that
we were never told if he lost the order or couldn't fill it.  Since that
time we've discovered many bookbinding colleagues that have had similar
experiences.

Whitney Baker
Preservation and Conservation Studies
University of Texas at Austin