[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: folded book
- From: pat baldwin <patbooks@PRIMENET.COM>
- Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:43:49 -0700
- Message-Id: <199705072151.OAA14735@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Well, think of an accordion with each "page" a perfect square. Then think of
every vertical fold as a "mountain" with the valleys a diagonal 45 degree
(lower left to upper right) fold.
If you'll just do this and then fold it up, one fold at a time (don't get
confused and try to collapse the whole thing at once as you might do for a
regular accordion) - it spirals.