No Subject

At 01:59 AM 5/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I've done some reading, but I have little bench experience, and no
>instruction. I have "Bookbinding & Conservation by Hand" by Laura
>S.Young, "Bookbinding as a Handcraft" by Manly Banister

Manly Banister is to Book Arts and Printmaking (His other two books still in
print) what Richard M. Nixon was to acting.

No, I never voted for Manly Banister in '68.

Not to be cruel but good work starts where Manly ends...not that his Machine
Shop Magic dosen't contain a few good ideas!

Keep looking and reading and asking!

      M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
     Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                           ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors