Re: List changes (actually saving email)

Sydne Carlson wrote:

>   Harmon:
>   Your use(coining) of the word "automagically" was wonderful! It expresses

    Not mine, actually -- it's in fairly common usage now. 8-)

>   that people who are devoted to paper and the printed word (as I would
>   imagine many subscribers to this list surely must be) might put more
>   trust in or just feel more comfortable with a printed email message than

    I know -- especially on a list like this. OTOH, I've seen students
in the computer lab printing *every* single email message they receive.
A practice which will stop here soon since we will be implementing a
10-15 cents a page printing fee.
   Paper's great, I love it, and don't think for one minute that it will
ever be replaced by digital books, etc. And Peter's right, in that the
list archives are readily available. I keep my own stash so I can look
at it when I'm off line. OTOH, there are some lists that I used to get
that I only look at the archives now, because there are just far to many
messages a day, and too much idle chatter.

Harmon Seaver hseaver@zebra.net hseaver@jaguar1.usouthal.edu
"Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an' t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin'
bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one truth, an' that is
de truth of Jah Rastafari."   -- Sir Robert Marley, 1978
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1997. License to distribute this post is
available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or local equivalent.