Re: List changes (actually saving email)

At 09:40 AM 5/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm surprised at the number of people who print out email. Why do you
>do this? You already have the perfect storage medium -- your harddisk,

Well, let's see, Harmon--

1. I just naturally like the print medium better than the electronic
one---like the appearance of ink on paper---like the feel of the paper in
my hand---like to be able to lean back in the easy chair in my library and
peruse the wisdom of my book-arts friends in my physical notebook, the
contents of which are screened carefully and organized.

2. I never had my notebook crash or a drive go bad or a disk become defective.

3. My printout on good paper will physically outlast the current electronic
media.

4. My printout on good paper will be easily accessible to my great
grandchildren without concern for obsolescence of the media or the hardware.

The electronic medium has its place, and I keep it in its place.

Regards,

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)

It ain't the heavy haulin' that hurts the horse.  It's the clop, clop, clop
on the hard highway.
                                ----Ray Wynn, west Galveston Island