Re: Artists' Books

On Sat, 10 May 1997, Emily Martin wrote:

> the past 2 years I have been a member of a 4 person writing group made up
> of writer/book makers. I find it invaluable to be able to talk to these
> other people on a semiregular basis about what I'm doing, problems etc and
> they do the same with me. Maybe you can form a group of your own?

Interesting that I see this during a week when I've been planning to post
to the list the following inquiry:

MICHIGAN (AND ENVIRONS) BOOKARTS FOLK:

Would you like to get together this summer for a day or a couple of days
or even a week (!) for a peer-taught bookarts workshop  and networking
opportunity in Saginaw, MI?

We could share ideas and techniques, critique each other's work, maybe do
a joint project.  I can arrange for a university art lab to do it in, and
will help with finding housing if needed.  Use of computer graphics,
xerography and polaroid transfer equipment can probably be arranged at low
(or materials-only) cost.  No tuition - just bring your ideas and some
materials.

Drop me a line privately if you're interested.  Dates can probably be
whatever works for the most folks.

                     _________
|  Kerman  |   (Mayapple Press(/(
   \ ?? /       http://www.cris.com/~Jkerman