Re: Artists' Books

In a message dated 05/10/97 2:39:32 PM, Kathy Crump wrote:

<<our desire to touch the
object, and at leisure take pleasure (or umbrage) at what is revealed has
been a direct response to the impersonal methods we now have all around us.>>

Tim Ely said much the same thing at the Paper and Book Intensive in 1992.
Every time a new technology emerges, further distancing us from direct
contact with one another and with the materials of "real" life, the artists
among us get busy resurrecting another dying craft. My theory is that
eventually we will be the only people who know how to do anything with our
hands. THEN we'll be rich!

Barbara