Re: Bridges to the past; links to the future

It was Venice and I was going to mention earlier that they used the "put
them in the freezer until you can get to them" method.  Peter Waters went,
along with many other conservators from around the world, to help and
supervise the restoration of the manuscripts.

Aworst conditions possible in the retrival of flood
>or fire damaged books, with particular reference to that famous flood in
>the sixties in Italy (I can't remember the city, even though the man I
>bought my bindery from did his apprenticeship there.).
David in Maryland