[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: books in sheets
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: books in sheets
- From: "R. Williams" <Boillr@AOL.COM>
- Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 16:53:40 -0400
- Message-Id: <199705112054.NAA20758@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I would suggest contacting the production/manufacturing department of a
university press in your area. Most university press get "f & gs" (folded &
gathered) to check the quality of printing shortly before the book is bound.
These are usually thrown away after the book is published. I don't know if
commercial publishers do the same thing, but I suspect they do.