Re: tacketting

Sorry I didn't respond sooner-I was out last week. When I talked about
tacketting in my post I was referring to a method of reattaching
boards to a solid textblock by sewing through the edge of the board
and the shoulder (& spine leather). Since I haven't really used this
technique, I can't give it the thumbs up or down yet, but I will say
that people who have responded to me have given it mixed reviews,
some enthusiastic, some not...
Amy Morris
Smith College Libraries