Re: Bridges to the past; links to the future

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Jack C. Thompson wrote:

> Luis mentions the possibility of data storage at the atomic level, and that
> will come.  At that level (and, indeed, at the chip level today) cosmic
> rays are a problem.  No easy answers; only choices.

I believe that Xerox have taken out a patent on a data storage system
which stores the information on the lattice structure of a diamond. Wow!
we can scratch windows with Shakespere :)

Would cosmic rays affect these as well?

Anybody who wants to restore their sanity after this debate should read
the short story by Philip K Dick called "The Preserving Machine"

regards

Jon