Re: Bridges to the past; links to the future

Quote from Paper Conservation News No 52 (Dec 89):

Paper Conservation Course in Florence
Julie Briggs Writes:

Think of Florence and you will likely call to mind the Renaissance
treasures and E M Forster. A Conservator or Restorer however, will
probably remember the flood of 1966 which devastated the city, not least
in the National Library where even now 23 years later, work continues on
flood damaged material, Etc.

The IPC Newsletter does not lie...
Therefore my Vote is with Florence.

Personally though, when I think of Florence, I think of
"The Magic Roundabout" (showing my age again).

Jon