Re: Before I start a fire. . .

Sam--I am also "no techie" but I have used successfully the following papers
in my Apple 300 Personal/LaserWriter: Strathmore Charcoal, Lana Laid, Ingres,
 Frankfurt, Niddigen, Rives Lightweight (this is a tad soft, but it does
work) and Thai Mulberry. There are undoubtedly others that would work equally
well. What I have done is to select papers that are the right weight and
which are not too soft or fibrous. Don't know what negative effect this might
have in the long run, but I didn't burn the house down or foul up the printer
in the attempt. I have had worse troubles with running laser-compatible
labels through the printer than any of the above.

Barbara