[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Artists' Books
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Artists' Books
- From: R Starr <rstarr@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:27:15 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <01IIU9IXVEKI00CJTK@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Message-Id: <199705151327.GAA15398@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have found an excellent source of words to be a book called: "Mrs.
Burne's Dictionary." It was prepared by a relative of Yascha Heifitz's
(sp?) who searched a number of unabridged dictionaries for obscure and
unusual words. It's fun to look up a word to add to the panoply of
verbage used in correspondence. Similarly, the NY Times crossword puzzly
dictionary is a great resource.
On Wed, 14 May 1997, Linda Eveland wrote:
> Thread: Text for books.