[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: digital media
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: digital media
- From: Derek Lyons <elde@HURRICANE.NET>
- Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 09:38:40 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <199705141852.LAA23521@wind.hurricane.net>
- Message-Id: <199705151340.GAA16840@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 03:11 PM 5/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 12 May 1997, Steven D. Hales wrote:
>> The big difference as I see it is that languages change slowly and
>> software changes incredibly rapidly.
>Depending on the language and your thoughts on slowly. Few would have
>trouble telling the difference between someone using 60's English and 90's
>English. A decade even makes a significant difference.
Using slang maybe, not the Queen's English. Do *not* make the mistake of
confusing the two.