Re: mylar in laser printers

I wouldn't suggest running mylar through your laser printer since it will
melt. You can, however, find tranparent products made for lasers & for
inkjets, at your local office supply store. 3M makes a "Transparency Film"
for lasers (product # CG 3300/20). I'm sure there are others.

Among other possibilities, you can print out computer generated images with
this & use it to make photoploymer plates, by-passing the service bureaus.

Charles Smith

<< Sam asked about mylar:
 At work I make overhead transparencies on mylar in my laser jet printer and
 in our photocopiers.  Most of the time it works great.  I recently had a
 sheet of overhead mylar jam in my printer and it melted together. I had to
 send the printer away to have it taken apart and get the mylar removed.
 Lesson:  as soon as something jams, get it out of there before it cooks into
 a mass of melted plastic.

 Kathy >>