Pop-ups lecture and workshop

In a message dated 97-05-16 11:50:27 EDT,
a.wilcox@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (Ann T, Wilcox) writes:

<< An upcoming workshop for those in the midwest:

 Pop-Ups Lecture and Workshop
 Given by Annie Tremmel Wilcox
 July 25th-26th
 Chardon, Ohio

 Friday, July 25th, 1997--7:30 p.m.
 "3-Dimensional Formats: Pop-Up Books and Beyond"
 This hands-on, show-and tell lexture will explore the basic formats of
 pop-up books and alternate page formats using over fifty examples from
 Annie's extensive pop-up collection. This lecture is free to workshop
 participants and the public.

 Saturday, July 26th, 1997--9:30-5:00 p.m.
 This workshop will cover elementary pop-up structures and materials.
 Students will receive handouts, materials, and instruction that will allow
 them to create two-page openings suitable for pop-up books or greeting
 cards. We will also explore ways to incorporate illustrations and text into
 these designs, and discuss uses for such structures. Students will need to
 provide basic bookbinding tools. Cost of the workshop: $70.

 The lecture and workshop will be held at the studio of Cris Takacs, 112 Park
 Avenue, Chardon, OH 44024, (216)286-9773.

 To register, contact Annie Tremmel Wilcox at 3409 Ridgecrest Dr. NE, North
 Liberty, Iowa 52317,(319)626-2798, or at <a.wilcox@worldnet.att.net>. Annie
 is also available to schedule workshops on pop-ups or hand-decorated papers
 while she is driving around the midwest this summer and fall.

 The annual meeting of the Midwest Chapter of The Guild of Book Workers will
be held on June 14th, also at the home of Cris Takacs, chairperson, 112 Park
Avenue, Chardon Ohio, 44024-1331.  Telephone 216-286-9773. e-mail
crisbobtak@aol.com
Call for maps and details.