Re: Before I start a fire. . .

Friend Kerry--

Two things:

At 07:21 PM 5/15/97 -0400, you wrote:

>i know nothing about hewlett packard printers, but my husband has tried some
>really dangerous things in our old qms 300dpi printer.
>in our art supply store, we have a sample laser-printed on papyrus (you do
>have to spray the papyrus afterward to keep the toner from smearing) and an
>A4 size indian handmade paper with rose petals (if a petal falls off in the
>printer, it will stick to a future page.)  and many years ago, he printed
>several things on okawara handmade paper.  the okawara we used is the 12" x
>16" cut in half.  i have run a fabriano stationery called mediovalis through,
>too.  it worked surprisingly well for such a heavy and heavily textured
>paper.
>
>suggestions are to cut one deckle-edge and to use something smooth enough to
>get a good bond toner-to-paper.

Thanks a bunch for all this good info. I won't have to start from scratch.

>we just got back from the national art materials trade convention last week.
> one of my missions while there was to scout the exotic laser/copier papers
>newly available.  there ended up being too many to stock all at once.  we
>will be adding a few at a time for a good long while.  you might consider
>some of those.  one of my favorite was a letter-sized version of an eastern
>paper we've carried for a long time which has a hand-written design
>watermark.

Do you have a catalogue/do mail order business?  If so, I want to be on
your mailing list at Sam Lanham, P. O. Box 1154, Fredericksburg, Texas 78624.

Second:
I tried to call you last week regarding a source for elephant dung paper.
You were at market, I believe, and I haven't had a chance this week to call
again. Then your name popped up in this thread and I remembered.  So, do
you stock that paper?  I would like to find a few sheets for a kinsman.
Can you help on this, too?  I'll be most thankful.

Sam

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)