Re: Binding Suggestions?

At 09:36 PM 5/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I purchased "A Bibliophile's Portfolio of Quotes" by John F. Dingman.   My
first idea was an
>accordian fold and tip-in the pages.

Sounds interesting. If you do pursue the accordion-style binding you might
want to think about the traditional Japanese double-leaf accordion. It is
described in Ikegami's JAPANESE BOOKBINDING. Each page is made up of two
leaves pasted only at the vertical edges so it is possible to cut a frame
in one leaf and mount the broadsides between the two leaves.  If this is
unclear drop me a line and I'll be more specific.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)