Re: readin, wRitin, and lets keep in ART (yak)

At 04:21 PM 5/21/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Blacksmithing.......a craft that had virtually died here in the U.S. soon
>after the end of the great depression........ Today metalwork in that
particular manner has reached a
>level of skill and outside interest that may not rival the past but is
>certainly very much alive and innovative in ways not thought possible before.
> Blacksmithing is thriving today and is vigorous in terms of both process and
>design.

Aggreed!

I have seen lots of Samuel Yellen's work (read old world) in his
Philadelphia studio and Albert Paley's in Rochester NY and national museums
(read cool school).  I think each represent the best of their generations
and the craft.  Iron work isn't really dead, nor does it even smell funny!

Hate to have to move it around though  Wose than my litho stones and presses.

Regards.

      M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
     Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                           ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors