List FAQ: A periodic mailing

It's the weekend and that means FAQ time for our new
subscribers and those who misplaced this since the last time.

As I welcome our new subscribers, I'll also send out this message to
everyone again to remind you about list options, updates, etc. Subscription
information is below. Please bookmark the list homepage so that you will
always have easy access to this information, rather than having to ask the
list.

Please remember to be respectful or each others resources. Please don't
copy entire messages when replying and not add anything or just "me too."
Let's also try to stay on topic. Thank you for your cooperation.

Don't ask the list for information on setting options. Those should all be
sent to me at <mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com>. Leave off the "mailto:" if
cutting and pasting. Otherwise double click and it should open new mail
window.

"Our" homepage is located at <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. Here you
will find a constantly updated list of "Book Arts Links" and resources
including tutorials as well as the Book Arts Gallery. The Book_Arts-L
archives located at CoOL can be accessed via the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" button
on the main page or directly at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu> the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about
halfway down Walter's list of offerings. Here you will find these
instructions on permanent display and the list archives.

I've added a great many links since last sending this out so please look at
them whilst surfing. The URL is <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. As
always, if subscribers have suggestions for links, please let me know via
the "Feedback Form"

Peter Verheyen, Listmgr.

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over
700 subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied
field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to mailto:listserv@listserv.syr.edu. <NOTE, "MAILTO:" NOT PART OF EMAIL
ADDRESS>. The message should read:

subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:

set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:

unsub Book_Arts-L

ALL COMMANDS MUST BE SENT TO:

mailto:listserv@listserv.syr.edu

<NOTE, THE "MAILTO:" IS NOT PART OF THE EMAIL ADDRESS>

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey> and then all you need to do is click on
the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" graphic.

>> Je mehr das Eiweiss stinkt, je mehr der Goldschnitt blinkt! <<

Peter D. Verheyen     <wk> 315.443.9937        <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@listserv.syr.edu