[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LEGAL DEPOSIT OF BOOKS
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: LEGAL DEPOSIT OF BOOKS
- From: Catherine Kanner <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 02:23:31 +0000
- Message-Id: <199705242118.OAA17022@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In the U.S. is it easy enough to obtain a copyright for your material by
writing or calling the Library of Congress, Washington D.C. 20559-6000.
They will send you a package with information designed for your
particualar needs. In my case they sent lots of info on copyright for
visual arts material and literature. It costs $20.00 to register a
copyright. I have found the peace of mind to be worth the effort.