KENSOL machine

I received a call from a gentleman who wants to sell this machine and I
am curious about its use.  He described it as having a bed-like heating
unit and holders for type.  Is it some sort of hot stamping machine?  He
says it came with 6 rolls of vinyl which sounded like the stuff made for
quarter binding.  Do you recognize the brand name?  He wants $1200,
which seemed a bit pricey to me, but it has type with it.
Any info would be most appreciated.  I'll try to go see the thing next
week, but would like to know WHAT I'm seeing...
Thanks!  Tara
p.s. enjoyed your article- you may be quoted in my report. t-