[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: starting off
- From: mari rhydwen <rhydwen@CENTRAL.MURDOCH.EDU.AU>
- Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 14:38:55 +0800
- Message-Id: <199705270636.XAA23964@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I am an academic but have a yearning to take up bookbinding which was the
activity I enjoyed most at boarding school but was not allowed to pursue
(not an 'academic' subject). I got the address of this list from the Web
where I found information about interesting courses, mostly in the USA.
Right now, I am unable to travel for extended periods, so how do I get
started here in Western Australia? Is it possible to do apprenticeships -
I'm a little tired of formal study in institutions? At this stage, I'd
like to find a way to learn bookbinding whilst not giving up my current
work until I have acqured some skill. But if necessary I'm ready to jump!
I'd welcome suggestions, advice, contacts.
Mari Rhydwen, Humanities, Murdoch University, Perth, WA 6150, Australia
Telephone: 08 9360 2217 Fax: 08 9360 6367