Re: starting off

At 01:59 PM 5/27/97 UT, you wrote
>From: Art Rubino <Art_Rubino@MSN.COM>
>Subject:      Re: starting off

>Fine Craft Bookbinding is difficult to master as an adult, because great
>finger dexterity is required in handling the papers, leathers and tooling for
>titles. Like playing the violin, you need to start out early in life to do it.
> Most anyone can learn to do ordinary library bindings, but so what?. Also,
>earning a decent living at it is an unlikely scenario.  There are other
>problems as well, like many bindery tools are mostly antiques now, and
>unavailable.  So...............not impossible, just very difficult. Good luck.
>
>----------

GEE WHIZ ART

You just made the whole enterprize sound as worthwhile and satisfying as a
bucket of luke warm spit.  Mari's not looking to get into law school here,
so why the long face for the profession.

If someone had ecouraged me like that a few years ago I wouldn't have found
any of my 20 or 30 litho stones or the eight printing presses I've saved
from a life of decorating another over accessorized resturant.  Do you think
all this stuff is going to die with you?  Lighten up and give those grown up
digits a chance at the good life.

      M I C H A E L   M O R I N                  M.F.A., M.L.S.
    Director Celtic Press                Instructional Media Librarian
     Buffalo  New York                   D'Youville College Library
                           ba202@freenet.buffalo.edu
       Member Buffalo Free-Net Executive Board of Directors