[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: This is not a Mac vs. Wintel thread!
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: This is not a Mac vs. Wintel thread!
- From: Barbara Harman <ArtSurvive@AOL.COM>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 02:51:58 -0400
- Message-Id: <199705280652.XAA29059@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
In a message dated 05/28/97 1:16:56 AM, Darryl wrote:
<<If the thrust of the course is pre-press, it can be very technical and
dry. If the aim is art, then the software is merely a tool, a means to
an end, not an end in itself.>>
Much is available here for either persuasion, though the quality is often
uncertain (have had awful, not so awful, semi-wonderful, myself). The
semi-wonderful tends to be attached to rather a high price tag, natch. I
neglected to mention my empty purse, which keeps me bumbling along in the
dark, often with obsolescent tools, but thanks for the feedback anyway.