Re: This is not a Mac vs. Wintel thread!

In a message dated 05/28/97 1:16:56 AM, Darryl wrote:

<<If the thrust of the course is pre-press, it can be very technical and
dry. If the aim is art, then the software is merely a tool, a means to
an end, not an end in itself.>>

Much is available here for either persuasion, though the quality is often
uncertain (have had awful, not so awful, semi-wonderful, myself). The
semi-wonderful tends to be attached to rather a high price tag, natch. I
neglected to mention my empty purse, which keeps me bumbling along in the
dark, often with obsolescent tools, but thanks for the feedback anyway.

Barbara