[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: LEGAL DEPOSIT OF BOOKS
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: LEGAL DEPOSIT OF BOOKS
- From: Luis Nadeau <nadeaul@NBNET.NB.CA>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 14:31:44 -0300
- Message-Id: <199705281747.KAA31744@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 11:08 AM 97/05/28, Cathy Atwood wrote:
>>>This is indeed 'all wet'. It provides no legal protection whatsover.
>Mailing a book to yourself to provide a date of creation may come from a
>practice of screenwriters...
Maybe, but sending a Registered letter to yourself, containing the details
of an invention, was used (still is?) in some parts of the world to
establish the priority of an invention. The letter was kept, unopened, just
in case someone at a later date, patented an invention similar to yours.
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada