[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Book Arts Classes and Exhibits
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Book Arts Classes and Exhibits
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@MINSKY.COM>
- Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 12:15:13 -0400
- Message-Id: <199705311615.JAA26789@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
New listmembers may be interested in the Center for Book Arts. Since 1974 the Center has been providing classes, workshops, exhibitions, conferences, publications, and studio rental by the hour, month or year. Facilities include a complete hand bookbindery and letterpress printshop. Papermaking classes are conducted at the facilities of several local (New York area) hand papermaking studios.
The Center is a not-for-profit membership organization with an international constituency, but you don't have to be a member to use the facilities or take classes (though members do get a discount).
Visit the current exhibit _Coptic & Collage: Ancient Technique, Modern Application_ through June 14.
626 Broadway, New York City. Summer Hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10-6. Phone 212 460-9768. Visit the websites at: