Re: Bookbinding Scools in NYC

You might want to begin your search with the Guild of Book Workers' Study
Opportunities List which is on the web at
<http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byorg/gbw/studyopp.html#newyork>. There
you'll find the contact information for numerous instructors and programs,
most notably the Center for Book Arts. Hope this helps.

Peter

At 06:01 PM 7/5/97 +0200, you wrote:
>I=B4m in AFEDA Association so, they mentioned you=B4ld be able to give the
>information I=B4m looking for.
>I would like to know the addresses of bookbinding schools in NYC as well
>as their study programs. I=B4m mostly interested in modern bookbinding, in
>order to use that for my personal artwork. My field is Graphic design,
>but also working with artist books (engraving and phtography books)so
>I=B4m interested in using this actual bookbinding in my regular work.
>I=B4m studynd at the School of Visual Arts (SVA), so I=B4ll be back to NY by
>mid, august.
>Thanks for your information: you may contact me through AFEDA:=20
>afeda@nova.es
>Elena Ruano

Der Buchbinder als Architekt des Buches baut eine
Fassade seiner Zeit. Edwin Redslob

Peter Verheyen, Conservation Librarian
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY 13244