Re: Printing presses (fwd)

Williamsburg has the most beautiful and elegant reproduction of the
"Common Press" that I have ever seen, and OH! how I would love to learn
how to use it!

But I guess the FIRST press in the New Land was probably in Jamestown, VA
or Plymouth/Salem, MA; given that the one thing a new bureaucracy needs
is a means by which to distribute it mandates, laws and notices!

The Harris/Sisson Book "The Common Press" is a good one if you want to
build a common press for yourself.  That said, I'd be glad to assist
anyone in building theirs if we could build two in the process (one for
thee and t'other for me) --  Just a thought.

On Mon, 7 Jul 1997 08:43:59 -0400 Jane M Brown <brownjm@MUSC.EDU> writes:
>The first printing press that comes to mind is the one in Colonial
>Williamsburg.   I don't know if they would allow videotaping, but,
>nothing
>ventured, nothing gained.
>
>Jane Brown

Rommel John Miller                        rjmiller1095@juno.com
12544 Selsey Rd
rjmiller@shore.intercom.net
Ocean City, MD  21842-9128             (410) 213-0082  (voice/fax/data)