Re: Printing presses (fwd)

At 02:16 PM 7/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>  It has been a while since I was at either place, but Sturbridge
>Village had a small handprinting operation going when I was there about
>eight years ago, and so did the Sherbourne (sp?) Museum near Burlington,
>VT.
>   Dorothy Africa
>   bookbinder, Harvard Law School Library

It's the Shelburne Museum that has a print shop, in Shelburne, VT, just a
couple of miles south of Burlington on Rooute 7. We used to be able to use
the shop on a co-op basis, exchanging time working on the museum pieces for
time to work on our own projects. I think that the co-op died out about four
years ago. I'd love to see it revived. I spent many a happy summer evening
hour cleaning and repairing a Civil War era press that could be carried on
two soldiers' backs.
Steve

Steve Chant                              w-ph: 802-656-2960
Manager                                 w-fax: 802-656-8429
University Graphics & Printing           h-ph: 802-865-4730
University of Vermont
118 Waterman
Burlington, VT 05405                     Grey Rider on Rust