[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: ARCHItextURE Exhibition
- From: Karen Schiff <kschiff@CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 00:30:51 -0400
- Message-Id: <199707100431.VAA30174@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The Philadelphia Art Alliance hosts "ARCHItextURE: Experiencing Books as
Buildings," an exhibition that runs from July 12 through August 24, 1997.
Curated by Karen Schiff, the show brings together 20 artists (mainly book
artists) and architects who connect books and architecture as ways to
structure perception, information, memory, and thought.
The opening reception is next week, on Wednesday, July 16, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The Art Alliance is located at 251 S. 18th Street, between Locust and
Spruce (just across from Rittenhouse Square Park) in downtown
Philadelphia. A curator's talk will take place on Saturday, August 2, at
2 p.m. I will post other events in August (such as a panel discussion
about using words in art and on architecture, and a pop-up bookmaking
workshop) when the time gets closer. You are welcome to e-mail me
directly if you'd like more information about the exhibition or events.
I hope to see you there.