[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
More ARCHItextURE info
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: More ARCHItextURE info
- From: Karen Schiff <kschiff@CCAT.SAS.UPENN.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:36:40 -0400
- Message-Id: <199707101137.EAA32168@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Hello, again --
Regular gallery hours for the exhibition are Tuesdays-Sundays 11-5 and
Wednesdays 11-8. For more information or to register for the book arts
workshop, call the Philadelphia Art Alliance, (215) 545-4302. Sorry I
left those details out of the original message.
I have already received several inquiries about the book arts workshop.
The instructor is Carol Barton, a book artist (and curator and arts
administrator) from Maryland who is known around the country as the
"pop-up queen." On Saturday, August 23, from 11-5, she will be
teaching 15 participants the art of constructing sculptural books, using
simple pop-up forms and three-dimensional bindings. Cost is $40 (or $35
for members of the Art Alliance), and preregistration is necessary.
Thanks for your interest!