List FAQ (Help File)

Glad to see the list getting livelier again. Since it's Friday, that must
mean it's FAQ time for our new subscribers and those who misplaced this
since the last time. As an FYI I will be "virtually" unvailable for the
next two weeks as I'm taking a workshop and moving... Please hold off
sending any requests for subscription changes... to me. The FAQ is always
available.

As I welcome our new subscribers, I'd remind everyone about list options,
updates, etc. Subscription information is below. Please bookmark the list
homepage so that you will always have easy access to this information,
rather than having to ask the list. The FAQ itself has been updated. The
specific commands are indicated in red. For ease, just copy and paste into
a mail window when sending them to listserv so that the machine understands
completely what you want it to do.

Please remember to be respectful of each others resources. Please don't
copy entire messages when replying and not add anything or just "me too."
Let's try to stay on topic and keep the back-biting to a minimum. Thank you
for your cooperation.

Don't ask the list for information on setting options. Those should all be
sent to me at <mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com>. Leave off the "mailto:" if
cutting and pasting. Otherwise double click and it should open new mail
window.

"Our" homepage is located at <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. Here you
will find a constantly updated list of "Book Arts Links" and resources
including tutorials as well as the Book Arts Gallery. The Book_Arts-L
archives located at CoOL can be accessed via the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" button
on the main page or directly at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu> the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about
halfway down Walter's list of offerings. Here you will find these
instructions on permanent display and the list archives.

I've added a great many links since last sending this out so please look at
them whilst surfing. The URL is <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. As
always, if subscribers have suggestions for links, please let me know via
the "Feedback Form"

Peter Verheyen, Listmgr.

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over
700 subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders
and book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers,
collectors, curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide
and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to mailto:listserv@listserv.syr.edu. <NOTE, "MAILTO:" NOT PART OF EMAIL
ADDRESS>. The message should read:

subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To not receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L
mail norepro

By default subscribers receive copies of their own postings. If later on
you decide you do want copies of your own postings, send the following
message: set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message: set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small ones,
send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To receive your postings again later, send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail

If you received the digest, the correct message would be: set Book_Arts-L
mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message: unsub Book_Arts-L

For simplicity, just copy the command you want to issue to the computer and
paste it into your message. This will help avoid the most common errors.

These list commands must be sent to mailto:listserv@listserv.syr.edu <NOTE,
THE "MAILTO:" IS NOT PART OF THE EMAIL ADDRESS>

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey> and then all you need to do is click
on the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" graphic.

>>   Frauen, Scheckbuecher und Vergoldstempel sollte man nie   <<
>>   ausleihen! F.A. Recht                                     <<

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-Request@listserv.syr.edu