Miniature Book Exhibit

Imagine an exhibit of over 600 books packed into a suitcase. That's about
what it took to deliver the work for the exhibit 'Extremely Small Books',
at the Columbia College Chicago Center for Book & Paper Arts, 218 South
Wabash, 7th floor. If you're planning to visit Chicago in the next few
weeks, be sure to come to our space and see this exhibit. It was curated by
Barbara Lazarus Metz from a local collector and from book artists across
the  country.

The works are in various catagories including abcedariums, almanacs,
bibles, fine bindings, Chicago publishers, curiosities and on printing and
papermaking. The exhibit has everything from traditional gold tooled
leather bindings of works by  famous authors to wild and wonderful
contemporary books. These are all under 3" and we have the smallest book in
the world as of 1985.  We also have the smallest book from 1932 - The Rose
Garden of Omar Khayyam.The show will run until August 1.  Our hours are 10
- 5 Monday thru Friday and sometimes on the weekend if we are having a
workshop.  Call us to find out at 312/431-8612 or e mail me direct for more
information.

--
Barbara Lazarus Metz

b-lazarmetz@nwu.edu