Re: Fine leather for binding

Dear Joe,

I have some full skins of manuscript vellum made by H. Band and Company
15 to 20 years ago.  There is more vellum here - about 12 or 14 - than I
will ever use, and I sell some occasionally. If you are looking for a
large scale, regular source of supply, I would recommend Cowley and Sons
in England.  They took over Band's business after Mr. Band died, and they
produce lovely skins.  I have a couple of exquisite slunk skins I got
from them.

As to marbled paper, my husband is a marbler and we would be glad to send
you samples of his work.  He recently marbled 200 books, end papers and
edges, for volume one of a limited edition.  There are to be five volumes
in this series, and he is about to begin on volume two.

We also make book presses, if you have any need for those.

Regards,

Sally Jackson