Re: gold embossing

Yup,

You can get foils which you tape over your laser printed copy and then run
through again like a blank page to fuse the gold to the toner. Paper Direct
sells it. You can also get similar foils and a heated brayer to fuse them
to the toner in better graphic arts supply houses. I'm not sure of the
manufacturers. I believe Letraset is one of them.

Peter

They all work best with smoother papers, anything that toner bonds to well.

Peter

At 11:04 AM 7/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone a method for gold embossing / entitling covers using the good
>old computer?
>
>In lieu of limited, expensive lettering stamps... I have worked out a very
>satisfactory way of gold lettering covers using the full typographic
>flexibility of scalable fonts and font styles.
>
>If you are interested and would swamp methods and experience, drop me an
>email with "lettering" in the subject and I'll have my Eudora send back my
>little dissertation on gold lettering covers...
>
>Mark Malmros
>Washington Crossing PA
>

>>   Frauen, Scheckbuecher und Vergoldstempel sollte man nie   <<
>>   ausleihen! F.A. Recht                                     <<

Peter D. Verheyen           <wk> 315.443.9937   <fax>315.443.9510
<Email>                            mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
<Webmaster>                    http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>           mailto:Book_Arts-L-Request@listserv.syr.edu