Re: gold embossing

Hi Mark,

I use an Alps MD-2010, micro-dry desktop printer. One of the things I
liked about it before purchasing it was it's ability to print with
either silver or gold metallic "ink." I really like the silver, but the
gold is a little lacking in "goldness"...it's a soft brassy color, not
really GOLD.

If you have access to an etching/relief printing press or letterpress, a
traditional die or photo-polymer plate with a metallic ink is really
great. I'm currently printing a polymer plate with silver lithographic
ink onto a black paper stock....looks like a photo-album.

later

Darryl Baird