Decorating pages?????

I've been collecting quotes since I was a child and want to
bind them in an elegant book.  (I've been studying
bookmaking.)  I'll print out the quotes using my laserjet
printer.

Does anyone have any ideas for the pages themselves?  From
what I've gathered, parchment would be about the best paper
for this (i. e., the most elegant and durable) -- if anyone
thinks otherwise, please let me know.

But I'd rather not have just the plain type on the page.  I
don't know how to paint or rubber stamp.  Can anyone please
offer any suggestions about how I might make the book as
beautiful and elegant as possible?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.