[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Decorating pages?????
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Decorating pages?????
- From: Reed C Bowman <rcbowman@GLOBAL.CALIFORNIA.COM>
- Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 09:58:10 -0700
- Message-Id: <199708031655.JAA35930@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Real Parchment is what I was talking about, made from kid, calf, or
sheepskin....'parchment paper' is, well, not to put too fine a point on
it, a meaningless term. The stuff they sell under that name works like
any other paper in a laserprinter, because it IS just like any other
paper, though made to look nice. (It's often not any good for
pen-and-ink calligraphy, though, even the stuff that claims to be made
for that purpose.)
I'm coming down rather hard on the stuff, but it's perfectly
appropriate for your purposes, as long as it's archival and looks good.