Re: Attaching flowers to paper

Dear Friends

Beth mentioned printing flowers in response to attaching them to the
pages. I've just borrowed a wonderful book called "Nature Printing with
Herbs, Fruits and Flowers" by Laura Donnelly Bethmann (Storey
Communications, Inc 1996) from my local library. It is beautifully
designed and very thorough with directions for printing with stamp pads,
printing inks, watercolors, and more. I tried anything yet but I know I
will.  I've also been experimenting with scanning flowers directly with
some interesting results. Some do better than others, and I realize
after reading her book that it would be better if I pressed them briefly
before putting them on the scanner. When I try to  arrange them and
lower the lid, I sometimes have difficulty. They get pressed in wierd,
and often unsatisfactory, ways.

in good spirit,
Susan

Susan Kapuscinski Gaylord