Buckram book cloth

I tried to order some Grade D starch filled Buckram today and got a
surprise.  I was told by Talas that they were discontinuing it and by
Bookmaker's that they don't carry it anymore because it is no longer
available to them.  Does anyone know what the deal is?  How can they stop
making Buckram?  We use it for cloth covered drop-spine boxes, folders and
some book repairs.  What are the alternatives for a sturdy, forgiving and
easily worked cloth for these types of jobs?  I'd appreciate any information
or suggestions!

Thanks,

Sandy
Sandy Hempe