[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Japanese binding(s)
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Japanese binding(s)
- From: Cathy Atwood <catwood@MAIL.SOS.STATE.MO.US>
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 07:21:10 -0500
- Message-Id: <199708071229.FAA28632@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
The question has been raised--what is this Ikegami we talk about? In
English it is _Japanese Bookbinding: Instructions from a Master Craftsman_
by Kojiro Ikegami, adapted by Barbara B. Stephan. N.Y.: Weatherhill, 1986.
This book includes many traditional Japanese formats in addition to the stab
sewn/side sewn format that has been in the list recently. The other binding
types are interesting for themselves and as a starting point for creativity.
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State