Re: Japanese stab binding

>where do you buy colored linen thread?

I hope you don't mind my horning in to your conversation. I dye my linen
thread myself, as I can never find it anywhere in New York and I wouldn't
order it through a catalog since you can never be sure of the color until
you see it.

I buy Rit dye in the color I need...or mix for the color I need and simply
follow the directions on the box....hot water (boiled water is best) and
then mix in the dye and add the thread. I usually wet the thread first in
hot water as well, so that it dyes more easily. At least it seems to help
keep the color even.

I haven't noticed a color fading problem either.

I hope this helps.

Jennifer