Re: Japanese stab binding

I have several spools of dyed, waxed linen thread that I got at a bead store
that has since gone out of business. Bead stores might be a good source to try.
Also, at Tender Buttons in Chicago (there is also a store in New York) they
carry a fine gauge linen thread in an assortment of colors. They come from
Germany, I believe, and are wrapped on round spoked cards. Very attractive.
Also, I've used acrylics to pigment bleached linen thread.  Good luck! Oh, one
more source of colored linen thread: oriental carpet repair shops. I have a
beautiful red that came from such a place.  Tracy Honn/Silver Buckle Press/
Madison, WI