Re: Linen thread thread

I am not sure if this information is going to be helpful to anyone but I
dye linen thread using acrylic colors. I soak thread in alcohol
overnight to get rid of all sizing and waxing and then make a solution
of pigment and water (consistency of ink) and soak thread in it for a
couple of days. Then I hang thread vertically until dry. It's helpful to
also apply methyl cellulose on it to size the thread after dying it.
This method always worked fine.

Good luck,

Irina Gorstein